About Our Church
Meet Our Pastor
Mike Lawing worked in sales with different companies for about 35 yrs. He was Born again at age 27. Mike left Harding in the 11th grade; finished high school at Burton Institute. He earned a scholarship to UNCC (then Charlotte College) left UNCC, was married to Faye Harris for 44 years until her death in 2010. Mike and Faye had 4 children, Kevin, Kris, Kerry, Katie. Kris is in Heaven.
Mike is now married to Kay Wilson who was married to Bob Wilson for 46 years until his death in 2007. They had 4 children, Lori Case, Marta Weymann, Dana Walton, and David Wilson. MIke Lawing went to Southeastern Seminary in Wake Forest and Emmanuel Baptist University, earned a B.A. M.A. and D.M in at age 55.
Pastor Mike is now pastoring “The Church Of The Lost And Found” North Myrtle Beach Pavilion where his friend “Beaver” Greenway preached for 16 years. Mike and Kay now live in North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove).
God has called the Church of the Lost and Found OD to courageously represent the Kingdom of God through witnessing, disciplining, and serving others.
We are expository in preaching and totally dependent on the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
What We Believe
- We believe in the inerrant word of God, the Bible.
- That prayer is essential for spiritual growth and maturity.
- When a person is born again he/she is permanently changed and has received the Lord Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- In the rapture, tribulation, and millennium in this order.
- That when a person dies, he is immediately in the presence of the Lord in Heaven. Also, the Bible teaches that if a person dies without Christ, he is in hell.